“Thor: Actual Sex God” (film review)
- CHRIS HEMSWORTH, YOU HAVE RUINED ME FOR ALL OTHER MEN!
Now that I have that off my chest…
- First off, yes, I liked this movie. I liked it a lot.
- But I wish I had liked it more. It was missing that oomph that I felt movies like Transformers and Star Trek had (especially on my initial viewing). But I wasn’t expecting to like those movies much at all, so they were a pleasant surprise.
- Thor was as good as I was expecting it to be, nor more or less.
Other, more primal thoughts:
- The three guys I saw the film with definitely noticed my reaction to shirtless-Chris Hemsworth. I don’t know what they were expecting, tbh.
- I cried out Jeremy Renner’s name a minimum of three times.
- It actually took me the entire movie to settle down and get used to Chris on the screen. By the last scene I was finally like, OK, yep, there’s Chris Hemsworth. I can handle it now.
- I liked Natalie Portman, but I was actually more excited about seeing Kat Dennings.
- Kenneth Branagh directed this?! I had no idea! That’s just so random!
- OK, guys, seriously: JEREMY RENNER.
- The after-credits clip was la-aaaaame! I had my fingers crossed for some Robert Downey Jr. or a bit more of the Renner, but no, I get Sam Jackson and Eric Northman’s dad (and Loki). Thaaaaanks.
- OK, no, so let me make this point very clear - once I was over his muscles, his facial profile, his voice and his charm - I still had this damn blue eyes with a dense forest of lashes to deal with. WHY?! HOW?!
- HOW DOES CHRIS HEMSWORTH EVEN EXIST?
- So, I actually hadn’t seen a full trailer for “Captain America” yet, and I was pretty excited to see it. I’m not a Chris Evans fan, but there are a lot more actors in it that I like, so I’m not complaining.
- This summer is a girl’s fantasy! Sure, all the guys I know are so pumped for all these action/comic movies, but I’m just like - great! I’ll tag along! I get muscles attached to guys who know how to use them! How could I say no?
- I could go on, but… let me just…
(Game of Thrones 1x03, “Lord Snow”)
The most common question is probably how it is being in the business with an older brother who has had so much success in the same field, or what kind of advice does he give me, and so you know, I’m very appreciative of everything he’s done for me. And I love him, and I respect him so much, but I’m trying to pave my own path. But it’s hard because we work really well together, too. I don’t know, I don’t know, I guess I don’t wanna be “James Franco’s little brother” for the rest of my life. - Dave Franco
Wake up. It’s not the time to sleep now.
Coinsdemonespirit requested 3 favorite Burgie caps