Julie D’Aubigny was a 17th-century bisexual French opera singer and fencing master who killed or wounded at least ten men in life-or-death duels, performed nightly shows on the biggest and most highly-respected opera stage in the world, and once took the Holy Orders just so that she could sneak into a convent and shag a nun.
bisexual opera singer who killed ten men and snuck into a convent to shag a nun.
Just so y’all know, she later set that convent on fire so she and that nun could sneak out. And she seduced one of the men she’d dueled.
Also, dueling was a serious crime during her life, but the king of France essentially overturned her conviction on the grounds that the relevant law specifically referred to men.how has there never been a million stories about this badass
This was the welcome note in my church’s booklet for today’s service. I just thought some of you would like to know that the true message of Christianity is one of love and acceptance.
Hey do you think the mentors and prep teams in Panem made ‘For Your Consideration’ cards to hand out to potential sponsors considering that the Hunger Games “festivities” are probably the closest thing this messed up world has to award season
And I bet that just like with stylists, there will be at least one District who will get assigned to a terrible Capitol graphic designer
Ain’t nobody goin’ home.
The Pacific: Psychological Thriller AU
AU meme; Wild America
Starring Joe Mazzello, Emile Hirsch, and Jamie Bell
Three brothers set out on a road trip across America to film and photograph wild animals.
Lifehacks: 10 Tips To Make Life Easier
- Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone & iPod in a bowl - the concave shape amplifies the music.
- Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones, so much more fun and easier to eat.
- Freeze Aloe Vera in ice-cube trays for soothing sunburn relief.
- Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band.
- Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough over the top and you have cookie bowls for ice-cream.
- Store bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases mean no more hunting through piles for a match.
- Pack shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes - you can find them for free in just about every hotel.
- Baby powder gets sand off your skin easily - add it to your beach bag for a quick clean up!
- Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose.
- Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid.
A Social Community a.k.a Community as The Social Network trailer.
SORRY BUT I REALLY REALLY NEEDED THIS ON MY BLOG
I love the IT Crowd, and despite the cringeyness of this I cackled myself to the brink of death.
It’s just…better at being a television shows than all the other television shows. (That said, thank you for all your kind and generous condolence messages.)